4 lamb chops (about 3 oz. each)
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground paper
1 cup whole tart cherries, canned or frozen (defrost prior to cooking)
1/2 cup red wine
1 tbsp maple syrup
1/4 cup fresh orange juice
1/2 teaspoon crushed rosemary
1 tsp cornstarch
10 oz. asparagus or green beans
5 oz. corn
several mint leaves
1. Preheat the grill to medium-high. Lightly coat with oil.
2. Season both sides of the lamb chops with salt and pepper. Grill until medium rare (140º F), about 3-4 minutes per side.
3. Serve with the tart cherry sauce..
1. In a medium saucepan, stir together the tart cherries, red wine, orange juice, maple syrup and rosemary. Bring to a boil and cook for 2 minutes, stirring frequently..
2. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for about 8 minutes. Whisk in the flour and cook for 2 additional minutes.
1. In a pot with boiling water, cook the vegetables for 10-15 minutes.
2. Serve along with the grilled lamb chops. Decorate with mint leaves.
Serves 1 very hungry person, split for two moderately hungry ones.