12 lasagna noodles
3 cups (750 mL) tomato sauce
salt and pepper
parmesan cheese, grated
Spinach & ricotta cheese filling:
1 lb (500 g) fresh spinach (in package), trimmed and rinsed
1/3 lb (150 g) ricotta cheese
1 egg, beaten
1/2 onion, finely chopped
1. Spinach and ricotta cheese filling: In saucepan, cook spinach for 5 minutes in minimum of water. Strain completely. Chop spinach and place in bowl. Add remaining ingredients and mix well. Set aside.
2. Cook lasagna noodles in saucepan of salted boiling water, until "al dente". Drain. Lightly rinse under cold running water for easier handling. Set aside. Preheat oven to 375 °F (190 °C).
3. To make lasagna rolls, lay noodles on wooden board, one at a time. Spread one end with 2 tbsp (30 mL) Spinach and Ricotta Cheese Filling. Roll up noodle and gently place in buttered baking dish. Repeat 11 times.
4. Pour tomato sauce over rolls and season to taste with Italian seasonings, salt and pepper.
5. Sprinkle generously with parmesan cheese. Bake for 30 minutes. Remove from oven and let stand for 10 minutes before serving.